The Allen Clapp Endowment Fund

Clapp_AAllen Clapp was dedicated to the investments of Columbia Union College. A 1949 alumnus, he was one of the original members of CUC’s Investment Committee, which oversees the investments of the Alumni Endowment Fund. Allen was an active member from the beginning, always making sure that the fund was earning the highest yield so that as many students as possible could benefit from alumni scholarships.

Devoting his career to public service, Allen worked in a regional office of the Veterans Administration from 1952 to 1958, serving as chief appraiser. From 1958 until 1966, he worked for the Baltimore Renewal and Housing Agency and became its property acquisition chief. He then headed the Baltimore office of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development from 1967 until 1974. After leaving the federal post, he became a private real estate appraiser, working from his home in Silver Spring, Maryland.

Because of Allen’s commitment to CUC and his unselfish devotion to the investments of the Endowment Fund, his family suggested that gifts in his memory be made to the Endowment Fund in his name.