WAU is accredited by:
- The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), 1007 North Orange Street, 4th Floor, MB #166, Wilmington, DE 19801, (267)-284-5011, www.msche.org. The MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- The Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges and Universities, 12501 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20904-6600, (301)-680-6000, www.adventistaccreditingassociation.org
- The National Association of Schools of Music. 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248, (703)-437-0700, www.nasm.arts-accredit.org
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master’s degree in nursing programs at Washington Adventist University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, (202)-887-6791 | http://www.ccneaccreditation.
- The Associate Degree Radiography program is accredited by Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182, (312)-704-5300, jrcert.org
WAU is approved by:
- Maryland Higher Education Commission, 839 Bestgate Road, Suite 400, Annapolis, MD 21401-3013, (410)-260-4500, www.mhec.state.md.us
- The American Music Therapy Association, Inc., 8455 Colesville, Road, Suite 1000, Silver Spring, MD 20910, (301)-589-3300, www.musictherapy.org
- Maryland State Department of Education, 200 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21202, (410)-767-0100, www.marylandpublicschools.org
- Maryland Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21215-2254; (888)-202-9861; (410)-585-1900; https://mbon.maryland.gov
Washington Adventist University is authorized under federal law to:
- Train veterans
- Enroll non-immigrant alien students