Ace Your Praxis in Math!
DO YOU NEED TO PASS THE PRAXIS CORE EXAM IN MATH?
Then this upcoming course is designed specifically for you.
- Intensive 5-week (one night per week) course and earn one-hour undergraduate college credit
- Tutoring available throughout the course and two weeks after the course ends
Course: Praxis Core Intensive Preparation Course in Math offered by Washington Adventist University in partnership with Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS)
Course Location: MCPS Office of Human Resources and Development, 45 West Gude Drive, Rockville, MD 20850
When: Wednesday evenings for five weeks: October 23 – November 20, 2019, 4:30 – 7:45 pm
Cost: Full cost of $325 is due when you register (registration opens October 3). If you qualify for MCPS tuition reimbursement, your net cost will be $141.50.
**Upon successful completion of the course with a grade of “pass” (pass/fail) and, pending MCPS tuition reimbursement eligibility, you can then submit your registration receipt and a course grade transcript to MCPS Human Resources and receive a $183.50 tuition benefit reimbursement.
Questions: Contact Dr. Mike Harris, 301-891-4086
Wednesday, October 23 (4:30 – 7:45 pm)
- Syllabus Review & Pre-test (you will answer some mathematics questions to determine your strengths and weaknesses)
- Topic: Number and Quantity
Wednesday, October 30 (4:30 – 7:45 pm)
- Topic: Algebra and Functions
Wednesday, November 6 (4:30 – 7:45 pm)
- Topic: Geometry
Wednesday, November 13 (4:30 – 7:45 pm)
- Topic: Probability and Statistics
Wednesday, November 20 (4:30 – 7:45 pm)
- Omnibus Review and Post-test (after taking a post-test, you will receive a summary and overall recap)
Tutoring is available at no cost for the duration of the course and two weeks after the course ends (December 6, 2019).
*Tutoring available face-to-face on the campus of WAU or via Skype or Zoom
|Tuesdays||9:30 AM-2:00 PM|
|Thursdays||9:30 AM- 12:00 NN|
*Tutoring available via Skype or Zoom
|Mondays & Thursdays||5:30-8:00 PM|
|Sundays||10:00 AM-12:00NN; 3:00- 5:00 PM|