Earn your Bachelor’s in Medical Imaging.
In a Fully Online degree completion Program.
Transfer up to 70 credit hours of coursework from your Associate Degree or equivalent Certificate Program and are Registry eligible.
A student can transfer into the program if they have passed the certification examination that is administered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT). The program is designed to build management and leadership skills in health care. Courses will strengthen the students’ knowledge in the planning and implementation of health care. Emphasis will be placed on critical thinking skills and communication to provide the highest quality of care for the community.
Employment Opportunities and Job Outlook include Administrative, supervisor, leadership roles in hospitals, outpatient facilities, and urgent care settings. Also education and medical equipment sales.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, Overall employment of radiologic and MRI technologists is projected to grow 9 percent from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations. As the population grows older, there will be an increase in medical conditions that require imaging as a tool for making diagnoses.
For more information on the Medical Imaging career and program, courses go to http://degrees.wau.edu/units/5557/periods/92/plans
The program is approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC).
- Apply at- https://www.wau.edu/admissions-aid/admission/apply/
- Send your Official Transcript and Licensure to- Office of Admission 7600 Flower Ave, Takoma Park MD 20912 or Email email@example.com .
- You will receive your Acceptance notice by email. Then look for your HelloSign New Student Registration form from the Office of the Registrar also in your email.
- Reach out to your Advisor once you have received your HelloSign forms complete them as per the instructions in order to be able to do your advising for your classes. Your advisor is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register online for your classes with your Advisor, for questions contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com .
- Complete your FAFSA if you are using Financial Aid at: fafsa.ed.gov . The University School Code is: 002067.
- Contact Student Financial Services, Email- firstname.lastname@example.org, for any questions concerning on your Offer Letter and aid.
- Set up your payment plan with Student Accounts at https://www.wau.edu/admissions-aid/financial-aid/student-accounts/next-steps/, Email email@example.com .
Begin your classes and start advancing your career!
Other resources may be found at:
- Maryland Higher Education website: mhec.state.md.us . This is for Maryland residents and contains all sources of aid available to a resident.
- The FAFSA official website is fafsa.ed.gov . This is the official website. Use only this URL / website for your FAFSA and there is no charge.
- For other scholarship searches you can use finaid.org .
Department of Medical Imaging
Program Director(301) 891-4050