All applicants must submit a complete application packet as outlined below. A complete application includes:
Application fee (nonrefundable)
Completed application form
Official transcript (one of the following):
- Final official high school transcript (see Special Notes About Transcripts, below — not necessary if student has earned more than 24 college credits). High school seniors with partial transcripts showing six or more semesters may be accepted subject to receiving their final official transcript. Official final transcripts must be on file in the Admissions office prior to registration. If the final official transcript has not been received before the beginning of the second semester of a student’s enrollment there will be a hold placed on their account preventing registration until the final official transcript has been received.
- Official transcripts from all accredited colleges and universities attended. (See Special Notes About Transcripts, next page.) Official transcripts from foreign institutions must be accompanied by a WES ICAP (World Education Services International Credential Advantage Package) evaluation. For more information on acceptance of transfer credit, see Page 43.
- Test scores (ACT/SAT) are required for all first-year students applying to WAU, regardless of level
- One written recommendation:
- One recommendation regarding academic ability from the principal, dean of students, teacher or guidance counselor at the last school attended. Applicants out of school for more than four years and unable to locate former teachers or counselors may submit a recommendation from any other adult familiar with the applicant’s ability or potential.
- One recommendation from an adult, preferably an employer or supervisor, capable of providing a character reference. Schoolmates or relatives do not qualify as references.
- Summary of educational background if educated outside of the United States.