Applicants with a cumulative high school GPA between 2.0 and 2.49 may be admitted conditionally and required to participate in WAU’s Rising Scholars Program, which is a semester-long, academic coaching resource that provides the tools and support to help them succeed in college and persist towards graduation. The following stipulations apply:
- Must enroll in a prescribed curriculum that includes Math, English, FYE, Study Skills, Communications, and Critical Thinking.
- Will be limited to 13 credits during the first semester.
- Must attend an onboarding session for the program as well as new student orientation activities.
- Must meet with the designated staff in the Betty Howard Center for Student Success and the academic success coach as required throughout the semester.
- Will be assigned an academic success coach for the first semester enrolled at WAU.
- Must become an active, engaged learner and develop life coping skills that will contribute to enhanced personal development.
- Along with parent(s) or guardian(s), must complete and sign a WAU Rising Scholar Program Reservation Contract upon confirming acceptance of the WAU admissions offer.
The Rising Scholar Program is worth $2500. However, by completing the following steps, YOU are eligible for a 60% discount. Here’s how:
STEP ONE: pay a $500 deposit with a signed program contract
STEP TWO: successfully complete the entire semester-long program
STEP THREE: choose WAU as your university of choice for the next semester.
That’s it! Once you follow the above steps and commit to the Rising Scholars Program, WAU will cover
- your Program Tuition
- your Housing
- your Books
- your Meals
- your Activities
NOTE: if you choose to enroll at another academic institution for the next semester, you will be responsible for the entire cost of the program – $2500.
How to Apply
1) complete and submit your application to WAU by the deadline. (click here for an online application)
2) Admissions will review your application and then notify you if you meet the Rising Scholars Program criteria.
3) If you do, then you need to complete a Rising Scholars Program application
4) Send a $500 deposit with your application.
And you’re all finished!
Enrollment is limited, so apply early. For more information, contact the Office of Admissions at 301-891-4000.