Applicants with a cumulative high school GPA between 2.0 and 2.49 may be admitted conditionally and required to participate in WAU’s Rising Scholars Program, which is a semester-long, academic coaching resource that provides the tools and support to help them succeed in college and persist towards graduation. The following stipulations apply:
- Must enroll in a prescribed curriculum that includes Math, English, FYE, Study Skills, Communications and Critical Thinking.
- Will be limited to 13 credits during the first semester.
- Must attend an on-boarding session for the program as well as new student orientation activities.
- Must meet with the designated staff in the Betty Howard Center for Student Success and the academic success coach as required throughout the semester.
- Will be assigned an academic success coach for the first semester enrolled at WAU.
- Must become an active, engaged learner and develop life coping skills that will contribute to enhanced personal development.
- Along with parent(s) or guardian(s), must complete and sign a WAU Rising Scholar Program Reservation Contract upon confirming acceptance of the WAU admissions offer.