Washington Adventist University has been offering the Capital Summer Program to incoming freshmen for many years. This three-week intensive program, offered just before the start of the fall semester, allows motivated high school graduates and seniors as well as continuing college students who need general education credits the opportunity to earn three credit college credits while immersing themselves in the cultural richness of the Washington metro area. Capital Summer Program 2013 will take place July 21 to August 8.
Courses: (Choose one)• HIST 275 U.S. History I
• RELB 160 Jesus and the Gospels
• PSYC 105 General Psychology
• SOCI 105 General Sociology
Who Can Attend
• High school seniors or who qualify for regular admission to WAU
• High School Juniors with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Current university/ college students
How to Apply for the Capital Summer Program?
• Qualify for regular college admission.
• Submit a Capital Summer Program Application and your $350 program and lab fees to the Admissions Office if you will be living at home. If you will be living on campus you will pay $700 to cover the program fees, and meals.
Current Rising High School Juniors (Entering their Senior Year)
• Submit to the Admissions Office: Capital Sumer Program Application, Letter from high school stating cumulative G.P.A or copy of transcript, and Capital Summer Program tuition and Fees.
Note: Current university students can register for any of the courses offered.
Capital Summer Program Cost (for high school/academy students)
The regular cost of the program is $1820 if you live in the residence hall or $1520 if you live at home. However, if you have been accepted to WAU, paid the confirmation deposit and complete financial clearance for fall by August 15, you will receive a scholarship for tuition and room fees. You will pay only $700 (meals, program fee and $50 lab fee) for the entire program if you live in the residence hall or $350 (program fee plus $50 lab fee) if you live at home.
|Tuition||$870 (waived if you attend WAU in fall 2013)|
|Room||$300 (waived if you attend WAU in fall 2013)|
|Program Fee||$300 (includes books)|
|Total||$1820 (minus tuition and room cost for incoming WAU freshmen)|
Capital Summer Program Cost (for continuing university/college students)
Continuing college/university students will pay $870 for tuition plus a $50 lab fee.
For more information about the summer programs contact the Office of Admissions either at 800-835-4212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THE SCHOOLS -
The School of Arts & Social Sciences offers a curriculum focused on fostering the development of the skills essential to be successful in the global service economy of the 21st Century: writing, critical thinking, debate, analysis, and an understanding and appreciation for cultural diversity.
The School of Health Professions, Science & Wellness employs a philosophy that balances practical training and theory in approaching education for future health sciences professionals. We bridge the gap between concept and practice.
For more than 30 years, WAU has been a leader in providing career building undergraduate degree programs for working professionals. WAU has continued to expand those offerings by adding graduate programs. This provides undergraduate students the opportunity to transition into graduate programs and continue to enhance their skills and competitive marketability.