Commencement 2022 Live Video
Department of Medical Imaging
Wednesday, April 27, 6:00pm
Sligo Church Atrium
Friday, April 30, 4:30pm
*Peters Music Center – Bingham Rehearsal Hall
Office of Alumni Relations
Alumni Association Induction Ceremony
Friday, April 29, 6:00 pm
Peters Music Center
Department of Nursing
Saturday, April 30, 4:00 pm
*Sligo SDA Church Sanctuary
Department of Religion
Saturday, April 30, 4:30pm
Richards Hall Chapel
April 28 – May 1, 2022
Download here: WAU 2022 Commencement Weekend Program
Thursday, April 28, 2022 – 6:00pm
CONSECRATION – In person
Friday, April 29, 2022 – 7:30pm
Sligo SDA Church – *MASKS REQUIRED*
*LINE-UP AT 6:30PM WILL BE IN THE PETERS MUSIC CENTER IN THE BINGHAM REHEARSAL HALL
*Please note that all eligible participants that have RSVP’d are to be in regalia
BACCALAUREATE – In person
Saturday, April 30, 2022 – 11:00 am
Sligo SDA Church – *MASKS REQUIRED*
*LINE-UP AT 10:00AM WILL BE IN THE PETERS MUSIC CENTER IN THE BINGHAM REHEARSAL HALL
COMMENCEMENT – In person
Sunday, May 1, 2022 – 10:00am
The live stream will be here on the WAU website!
*SEE BELOW FOR LINE-UP DETAILS
MAY 1 – COMMENCEMENT DAY DETAILS:
- 8:00am Arrival – Please ensure that you are on campus by 8:00am to ensure that you are present on time for all activities. You will be parking in the lot across from Sligo Church on Flower Ave. You MUST be in regalia in order to park in the lot.
- 8:30am Class Picture – Once you arrive, please make your way to the Ball Field for the class picture. You may be broken up into groups, so make sure to listen for directions.
- 9:00am Name Cards – After the class picture, please come to the front lobby of Wilkinson Hall to obtain your name card. These are in order alphabetically by last name. Please do not lose this card. This is what will be used to read your name from for the degree conferral. Once you receive your card, please go to the Dining Hall for lineup.
- SASS GRADUATES line up in the Commuter Section of the Dining Hall
- SHPSW GRADUATES line up in the Main Section of the Dining Hall
- SGPS GRADUATES line up in the Ball Field Section of the Dining Hall
- 9:45am – Once it is time to process CLASS OFFICERS & SHPSW GRADUATES will go first, followed by SASS & SGPS in that order.
- You will go down the stairs closest to the Dining Hall and exit through the side door to Wilkinson Hall.
- From there, please take the diagonal sidewalk out to the sidewalk in front of Morrison Hall and STOP! You will hold here until directed otherwise.
- 10:00am Commencement begins – Once the Presidential and Faculty Processional has finished, you will cross Flower Ave. straight ahead and pass the Veterans Bench and continue forward past the Gateway and down to about the middle of the next section of sidewalk.
- Turn right into the lawn, and continue down the middle aisle of chairs; Class Officers & SHPSW Graduates file in to the chairs to the left; SASS & SGPS file into the chairs to the right
- Please stay standing once you’ve reached your seats and the program will commence from there
- TIME FOR DIPLOMAS: Once we get to the time in the program for diplomas, Class Officers & SHPSW Graduates will exit their seats to the left and lineup at the steps to the stage first; SASS & SGPS to follow once called.
- When you are in line, someone will be placing a numbered sticker on your Name Cards. Please do not get out of line once the sticker has been placed on your card. You must stay in place.
- You will go up the stairs and hand your Name Card to the Reader
- Once your name is read, you will proceed forward onto the stage to receive your diploma from the President. Once received, please stop, shake his hand and look out towards the field for your picture.
- Then you will proceed down the stairs where Marshals will be present to direct you back to your seats
- SGPS Masters Degree graduates, please ensure that you take your hoods off after the class picture as you will be hooded when you go to receive your diploma. Please have your hood over your LEFT ARM with the colored portion facing towards your wrist.
- Alumni & SGPS Tables will be present for you to visit to receive a special gift before you take your seats
- 12:00pm Commencement Ends: Once the program has finished, the Platform Guests as well as the Faculty, will line up along the sidewalk behind the Gateway to Service and escort you out. Marshals will direct you to stand and exit your seats from the back.
- 12:00pm The Bookstore will be available outside in the same parking lot for you and your families to purchase WAU Gear and snacks.
IMPORTANT ITEMS TO REMEMBER:
- All graduates must park in the Flower/Carroll Ave. Parking lot. Any family members that will be attending the ceremony will park at designated locations.
- GRADUATE STUDENTS (Masters Degrees) will be hooded this year. Please make sure that your hood is draped over your arm upon entering the stage
- Public Restrooms will be located in the parking lot for your use. Handicapped accessible bathrooms are located in the Wilkinson Hall lobby and Lower Level of Sligo Church (Please use Greenwood Ave. entrance. There is an elevator on the main floor.)
- In case of rain, please ensure that you have an umbrella with you.
- Please wear comfortable shoes. You WILL be walking on the grass. So ladies, we implore you to wear flatter shoes and not heels.
- PHOTOS: 2 – 5X7s of your Diploma photo and 1 – 8×10 of your Class Photo will be sent to your address a few weeks after Commencement.
Financial Clearance deadline April 1, 2022
Eligibility to participate in commencement.
Please make sure that you have a zero balance, have been financially cleared in order to participate in commencement. For any information regarding that process contact:
Click here for form: EXIT COUNSELING FORM
- Fees are not refundable
- There is a standing graduation fee of $85 (cost of diploma and administrative fees)
- Plus, class dues of $275 – as determined by the senior class for activities and class gift
- Preferred method of payment is credit card
RSVP for Commencement 2022
All eligible students must complete the survey link sent by the Office of the Registrar to attend Commencement 2022 by February 28, 2022 (No exceptions). Filling out this survey is needed to participate in commencement. A formal confirmation of your RSVP will be sent by the Office of the Registrar. If you did not receive a confirmation then you are ineligible to participate in commencement.
Ordering Regalia (Cap & Gown) – Herff Jones deadline March 6, 2022
Please contact Mr. Lloyd Yutuc at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or 301-891-4477 regarding any questions regarding regalia.
To be able to pick up regalia for Commencement Weekend students must have met the following requirements:
- Must be academically cleared
- Must have RSVP’ d via the electronic survey by February 28, 2022
- Must have a zero balance and have completed exit counseling by April 1, 2022
Note: Participating Students can pick up regalia from the Bookstore beginning on April 26, 2022.
All others who did not meet these requirements will be able to pick up their purchased regalia after commencement beginning May 2, 2022.
Tickets are not needed for Commencement Weekend. Graduates may bring as many guests as possible. There will be a designated seating area for guests.
Graduates/Graduating Students must complete the following surveys:
Graduating Student Survey
Alumni Demographics & Future Plans Survey
(Out of Country) Invitation letter – Graduation Invitation Letter Request Form
If you have family, friends, or loved ones who are out of the country and wants to travel for the commencement ceremony or pinning ceremony (Nursing students), you can request a letter that will be issued for them to apply for a visa to travel.
Final Transcript Requests – Transcript Request Form
Transcripts verifying degree credentials will be available beginning Monday, May 23, 2022.
Transcripts cannot be picked up on the same day the request is submitted.
Diploma Mailing – May 23, 2022
Diplomas will be mailed to each Graduate after verifying they have a zero balance and have completed the exit counseling. Please fill out the forms attached.
If you need to communicate with your class officers, please email them at:
Class Pictures – March 16-21, 2022
For more information contact Office of Student Life/Student Association firstname.lastname@example.org 301-891-4525.
Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North/White Oak – 12521 Prosperity Dr, Silver Spring, MD 20904 – 301-680-6500
Sheraton Silver Spring – 8777 Georgia Ave., Silver Spring, MD – 301-589-0800
This video from the Registrar’s Office has some helpful tips about how to wear your regalia.