NEED PRAXIS? WE CAN HELP!
DO YOU NEED TO PASS THE PRAXIS CORE EXAM? HAVE YOU UNSUCCESSFULLY TAKEN THE PRAXIS CORE EXAM IN THE PAST?
Then this upcoming course is designed specifically for you.
- Earn one undergraduate college-credit hour
- Short, intense five week/one night per week course
- Employer (MCPS) tuition reimbursement benefit (pending benefit eligibility)
- Instruction geared to meet your specific needs for each Praxis test section
- Taught by caring, experienced, and professional faculty
Course: Praxis Core Intensive Preparation Course offered by Washington Adventist University in partnership with Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS)
Course Location: MCPS Office of Human Resources and Development, 45 West Gude Drive, Rockville, MD 20850
When: Thursday evenings for five weeks: May 9 – June 6, 2019
4:30 – 7:30 pm (Please note that May 9 class will meet from 4:30 – 8:30 pm)
Cost: Net cost to MCPS employees is $145. The full amount ($325) is due when you register (registration opens April 22). Upon successful completion of the course (you must earn a “C” or better) and, pending MCPS tuition reimbursement eligibility, you can then submit your registration receipt and a course grade transcript to MCPS Human Resources and receive a $180 tuition benefit reimbursement.
Questions: Contact Dr. Mike Harris, 301-891-4086
Thurs., May 9 (4:30 – 8:30 pm)
- Pre-test: You will answer some sample reading, writing, and mathematics questions to determine your strengths and weaknesses
- You will learn useful test-taking and anti-stress/anxiety strategies
Thurs., May 16 (4:30 – 7:30 pm)
- You will receive targeted preparation for passing the writing section of the test
Thurs., May 23 (4:30 – 7:30 pm)
- You will receive targeted preparation for passing the reading section of the test.
Thurs., May 30 (4:30 – 7:30 pm)
- You will receive targeted preparation for passing the mathematic section of the test.
Thurs., June 6 (4:30 – 7:30 pm)
- Continued mathematics preparation.
- Post-test: After taking a post-test, you will receive a summary of each section along with an overall recap.