Strategies for Financing Your Education
With the rising costs of tuition combined with the current economic situation confronting families, there are many questions that you may have about the affordability of attending WAU. We offer the following advice:
- Plan early.
- Do research to find out what federal, university, state, private, activity and academic help is out there, as well as what independent scholarships, funding and awards are available.
- Never self-select out of financial aid. Apply even if you don’t think you have need.
- Follow deadlines in order to avail yourself of all opportunities and options.
- Have family conversations about affordability and how much of a financial commitment your family is willing to assume.
- Talk to a financial aid counselor for help in understanding what you may be eligible for.
For more information about financial aid at WAU, email email@example.com, or call 301.891.4005 or 1-800-835-4212 to speak to a Financial Aid Counselor.
Student Financial Services
Washington Adventist University
7600 Flower Avenue
Takoma Park, MD 20912
General Fax: 301-891-4167
- THE SCHOOLS -
The School of Arts & Social Sciences offers a curriculum focused on fostering the development of the skills essential to be successful in the global service economy of the 21st Century: writing, critical thinking, debate, analysis, and an understanding and appreciation for cultural diversity.
The School of Health Professions, Science & Wellness employs a philosophy that balances practical training and theory in approaching education for future health sciences professionals. We bridge the gap between concept and practice.
For more than 30 years, WAU has been a leader in providing career building undergraduate degree programs for working professionals. WAU has continued to expand those offerings by adding graduate programs. This provides undergraduate students the opportunity to transition into graduate programs and continue to enhance their skills and competitive marketability.