The resources of the Betty Howard Center for Student Success are available to all students. We are ready to help you achieve success as you pursue your educational goals. Below is a list, of our major programs and services.
- Academic Support: Academic Support services provide placement testing, study skills instruction, and special mentoring support for students on academic probation in our Enrichment Program.
- Bridge Program: The Summer Bridge Program is a five-week college preparatory experience for students who wish to strengthen academic skills, build confidence, form new friendships and enhance their potential for college,
- Career Services & Cooperative Education: This program offers assistance with writing a resume, job postings on and off campus, as well as assistance finding internship sites for those whose majors require the Co-op experience.
- Disability Services: WAU is committed to providing an equitable and exemplary education for all of our students by offering reasonable accommodations to students with disabilities to ensure their academic and personal success.
- First Year Experience: This one credit class is designed to help first-year students become comfortable with the campus, get connected with available area resources, and engage with faculty and staff.
- General Honors Societies: The Center sponsors the WAU Chapter of Alpha Chi, Phi Eta Sigma and Omicron Delta Kappa honor societies
- General Studies: Whether you are undecided about a major or wanting to pursue a degree in General Studies, this program will assist you in reaching your goals.
- New Student Orientation: Designed to help new students transition to campus and understand the privileges and obligations of being part of the WAU Community.
Support on every step of your academic journey
- Mentorship Experience: The Mentorship: Program at Washington Adventist University
aims to create an on-going atmosphere of learning, growth, and lasting community for WAFT students by connecting them with caring faculty and staff whose primary role is to give support.
- Testing Services: Our staff works closely with the-various academic departments, individual instructors, the student population on campus, and the community at large by disseminating, administering, and proctoring tests and exams.
- Tutoring Services: Subject-tutoring is available for students who seek one-on-one instruction to further enhance their learning.
- Writing Center: The Writing Center is run by the English department. Trained tutors are available to help students to: ease writing anxieties, clarify assignments, brainstorm ideas and topics, plan and_ organize term papers, determine revision strategies, and provide guidelines for avoiding recurring grammatical mistakes.