The Bridge Program
Summer Bridge Program is a six-week college preparatory experience for students who wish to strengthen academic skills, build confidence, form new friendships and enhance their potential for college success. The curriculum covers a variety of subjects including computing, mathematics, reading, study skills and writing. The program is designed to allow students to focus on academics, while getting a head-start on life at Washington Adventist University.
If you want to improve your chances for success at WAU, or you think you might not qualify for admittance, then this program is for you! By successfully completing this six-week course, you are guaranteed a place at WAU for the Fall semester!
As a Bridge Student, you will
- earn credits toward graduation, by enrolling in English, math and study skills classes tailored just for you;
- learn and develop invaluable study skills that are guaranteed to help you throughout your college experience;
- improve your writing skills;
- attend workshops, information sessions and panels offering advice designed to enhance your college experience;
- be matched with a faculty mentor for your first year of college;
- get to know Bridge Program professors and staff;
- participate in structured ''chats' where staff members will talk informally with you about subjects such as social life at WAU, cultural diversity, self-awareness and student government;
- develop a support network with your classmates and program staff;
- attend fun activities and events which will include taking trips to Washington DC, our nation's capitol (only 20 minutes away from WAU!) to dig deep into the unique history and culture of our nation;
- make life-long friends.
In addition, Bridge Program students will have access to a number of services designed to improve the transition from high school to college. These services include admissions counseling, financial aid education, student mentoring, social and recreational activities, campus and Washington, DC Metro tours, and ongoing academic advising following completion.
The Summer Bridge Program is worth $2500. However, by completing the following steps, YOU are eligible for a 60% discount. Here's how:
STEP ONE: pay $700
STEP TWO: successfully complete the entire six-week program
STEP THREE: choose WAU as your university of choice for the Fall semester.
That's it! Once you follow the above steps and commit to the Summer Bridge Program, WAU will cover
- your Program Tuition
- your Housing
- your Books
- your Meals
- your Activities
NOTE: if you choose to enroll at another academic institution for the fall semester, you will be responsible for the entire cost of the program - $2500.
How to Apply
And you're all finished!
Enrollment is limited, so apply early. For more information, contact the Office of Admissions at 301-891-4502.
- THE SCHOOLS -
The School of Arts & Social Sciences offers a curriculum focused on fostering the development of the skills essential to be successful in the global service economy of the 21st Century: writing, critical thinking, debate, analysis, and an understanding and appreciation for cultural diversity.
The School of Health Professions, Science & Wellness employs a philosophy that balances practical training and theory in approaching education for future health sciences professionals. We bridge the gap between concept and practice.
For more than 30 years, WAU has been a leader in providing career building undergraduate degree programs for working professionals. WAU has continued to expand those offerings by adding graduate programs. This provides undergraduate students the opportunity to transition into graduate programs and continue to enhance their skills and competitive marketability.