FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Richard Castillo
Washington Adventist University Responds to COVID-19
[Takoma Park, MD, March 3, 2019—-] With the continued spread of the novel coronavirus COVID-19 causing concern around the world and here at home, Washington Adventist University is taking preliminary steps to ensure the continued safety and health of our student body and campus community.
- WAU is launching a task force to plan for all contingencies and work with external entities to continue to ensure the safety and health of our student body and campus community.
- All planned international travel is canceled for the 2019-2020 school year or until the CDC clears travel.
- Due to the WAU cancellation of international travel, the annual mission trip is canceled for 2020.
- The AIA trip to Texas is canceled.
- WAU is requesting that its campus community take steps to get their flu shots.
- Any Faculty, Staff or Student with any traditional flu or cold symptoms should stay home if possible or inform student housing administration as soon as possible in order that the proper steps may be taken.
Faculty, staff, and students are asked to continue taking precautionary measures in order to prevent the spread of any illnesses. Please wash your hands often. It is recommended that you wash your hands in soap and water for at minimum, 20 seconds.
It is recommended that making simple greeting changes, such as fist or elbow bumps instead of handshakes, can help in minimizing the spread of any illnesses.
WAU will continue following CDC guidelines and recommendations from our local authorities in regard to the COVID-19 spread. Please continue to check back on our website for updates, news, and information. https://www.wau.edu/virus
Washington Adventist University is a private university with a liberal arts tradition, offering a dynamic blend of professional and liberal arts undergraduate and graduate programs. Founded in scenic Takoma Park in 1904, it is owned by the Seventh-day Adventist Church and offers a Christian education to students of different faiths from around the world. Its vision is to produce graduates who bring competence and moral leadership to their communities. Student Success is the highest priority.
For more information about this topic or information about Washington Adventist University, please email Richard Castillo (VP for Integrated Marketing and Communications) at email@example.com