Washington Adventist University Responds to COVID-19
[Takoma Park, MD, March 3, 2019—-] With the continued spread of the novel coronavirus COVID-19 causing concern around the world and here at home, Washington Adventist University is taking preliminary steps to ensure the continued safety and health of our student body and campus community.
- WAU is launching a task force to plan for all contingencies and work with external entities to continue to ensure the safety and health of our student body and campus community.
- All planned international travel is cancelled for the 2019-2020 school year or until the CDC clears travel.
- Due to the WAU cancellation of international travel, the annual mission trip is cancelled for 2020.
- The AIA trip to Texas is cancelled.
- WAU is requesting that its campus community take steps to get their flu shots.
- Any Faculty, Staff or Student with any traditional flu or cold symptoms should stay home if possible or inform student housing administration as soon as possible in order that the proper steps may be taken.
Faculty, staff and students are asked to continue taking precautionary measures in order to prevent the spread of any illnesses. Please wash your hands often. It is recommended that your wash your hands in soap and water for at minimum, 20 seconds.
It is recommended that making simple greeting changes, such as fist or elbow bumps instead of handshakes, can help in minimizing spread of any illnesses.
WAU will continue following CDC guidelines and recommendations from our local authorities in regards to the COVID-19 spread. Please continue to check back on our website for updates, news and information. https://www.wau.edu/virus