Department of Music Admissions Process:
1. Graduation from a National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) accredited School/ Department of Music* with major in music**.
2. Undergraduate GPA of 2.75
3. Submission of Letter of Interest/Intent
4. Letter of Recommendation from an instructor or professional who can speak to the applicant’s academic achievement and effort as well as to the applicant’s suitability for Music Therapy as a career.
5. Interview with Washington Adventist University’s Music Therapy Program Director.
6. Acceptance to Washington Adventist University as a Music Therapy Equivalency student
Music Therapy Equivalency Core Requirements Total: 37 hours
|MUTH 110||Introduction to Music Therapy||3|
|MUTH 220||Standards of Clinical Practice||3|
|MUTH 230||Music Therapy Methods||3|
|MUTH 335||Psychology of Music||3|
|MUTH 375||Music Therapy Practicum I||3|
|MUTH 376||Music Therapy Practicum II||3|
|MUTH 441||Music Therapy Seminar||2|
|MUTH 476||Music Therapy Practicum III||3|
|MUTH 481||Music Therapy: Clinical Development||2|
|MUTH 485||Music Therapy Internship||12|
*Graduates from Schools/Departments of Music not accredited by NASM will be considered. These applicants may be asked to supply copies of syllabi from core music courses and may be required to take remedial work in core music areas such as theory, music history, conducting, piano, etc.
**Interested applicants without an undergraduate major in music will need to schedule an audition as well as fulfill additional requirements. These requirements may increase the time necessary to complete the program.
qualifications of applicants. Candidates will receive written notification of the admissions decision once required materials have been processed.