The following BS degrees prepare students for diverse health and wellness career opportunities in traditional health settings such as hospitals, private offices, public health agencies, and non-profit organizations. Opportunities also exist in corporate wellness, college health services, insurance agencies, and higher education settings.
- Health Science (BS)—Health educators, health program planners, public health project coordinators, health consultants, wellness coaches, and many more.
- Health Fitness Management (BS)—Wellness facilities owner or manager, individual or group fitness program instructor, corporate wellness coordinator, personal trainer, and many more.
- Fitness & Sport Science (BS)—Athletic coach, sports administrator, sports reporter or commentator, sports analyst, sports camp/academy facilitator, and many more.
Here are examples of what HWPE Department Alumni are currently doing:
- Health Science (BS)—Completed and passed board exams to become Physician Assistants, Physical Therapists (doctorate/DPT), and Occupational Therapists; some alumni are currently in grad school, and others are in the process of applying for medical school or another graduate-level health-related program.
- Fitness & Sport Science (BS)—An alumnus is coaching Women’s basketball at Wesleyan University while pursuing MBA (Leadership concentration) in Health.
- Fitness Management (BS)—Alumni are working in Corporate Wellness, as a Game Coordinator for professional teams, Graduate Assistant while on the Coaching staff for Louisiana State University, and Exercise Specialist also managing a team of personal trainers. In February 2021, an HFM alum earned a Master’s degree in Health Promotion and Education.