IDENTITY IN CHRIST.
Study with faculty engaged in cutting-edge research that shapes the identity of the Christian Church and global cultures.
Upon graduation, students will be:
- Prepared to engage in mission and evangelism and pastoral leadership in the context of the cities, where the majority of the world’s population lives.
- Accomplished with internships under leading pastors of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that work in the Greater Washington area. These internships are comprehensive, rich, and practical and would provide students with the opportunities to confirm their calling to ministry.
- Graduated from programs that are academically and intellectually rigorous and that produce an excellent foundation for pastoral ministry and graduate studies at the Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary at Andrews University. Our students are regularly among the most academically prepared students at the Seminary.
- Benefited from the global Adventist resources through the cooperation with the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
The department has shifted its academic focus and perspective toward Urban Ministry. This refocusing is in line with the demographic realities of North America and the globe.
– The department has instituted student internships that are not periodic, superficial, or short-lived. They take place during the entire four years of students’ undergraduate education.
– Students should expect to be placed in small peer groups for the purpose of academic progress and spiritual growth.
– The department continuously applies the latest research and literature in pedagogy, creating effective curricula and educational experience for students.
The Department of Religion is the only Adventist undergraduate religion department located at the heart of a metropolitan center. It is the only department in North America with a distinctive Urban Ministry emphasis.
– Extended (4 years) internships are unique and distinctive among Adventist colleges and universities in North America.
– Academic excellence that produces leading students at the Seminary at Andrews University.
– Our students achieve high scores on standardized exams at the Seminary.